Friday, June 5, 2009

More USCIS Information???

Well, we have "earned " the "honor" of being the first family for AW in TN to ever be asked for two clarifications from USCIS. So, we are sending a whole new, revised Home Study instead, with USCIS approval, to take care of the two or three items in our Home Study that needed clarification or additional information. Apparently, it's the time of year USCIS reviews policies or something and adds new rules, etc. so we just got lucky I guess at having our paperwork there at this time. Oh Well, I'd rather it be done perfectly under the newer guidelines when it goes to the embassy anyway. Plus, it also gives us more time on our expiration dates for our Orphan Petition. I'm just really glad it has all worked out. Our paperwork has actually been in Memphis since last December, so our agency license page has also expired. But, that will work out as well since we are sending a revised Home Study.
For our family members who are wondering when we are ever going to actually go to Kaz. Well that's in God's hands, but I can say that our agency has actually started moving dossiers through the DC Embassy and we are #12 in line. So, it could be 6-12 months or more before it is our turn to submit our dossier. Then another 4-9 months before we receive an LOI to travel. (Although we are hoping for much quicker timelines.)
After waiting so long for Lilliana (6 years), this isn't really that bad. My only concern comes after having done yard work all day and trying to walk straight at night. Then I wonder how I'll manage carrying a little one or toddler around if I have to wait to much longer :) :) I guess it will just have to make me more determined to stay in shape, huh!?

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hang in there. The delays can be frustrating, but none of it will matter when you hold your son for the first time.

Jessica and Chris said...

It will happen for you. You are right it is in God's hands and you can only redo your paperwork and keep up with the things that you have control over :)
I plan to post about your question on our blog today. I don't mind sharing with everyone!

Kim said...

Hi there! I kept seeing your name on blogs I read and just wanted to say hello. We went to Kaz last Feb./Mar and love to follow other's journey to their children! Praying the dossiers start moving faster through DC now!

Kim said...

Oh I should have read this first. Sorry about all the hold ups with USCIS. There is nothing more frustrating than people messing up things you can't control. I hope everything is straightened out soon! What part of TN do you live in?

Kim

Stephanie and Gary said...

Gosh, I know just how you feel with the delays ... and simulataneously feeling it is probably all for the good. Thanks for writing on my blog! I look forward to following your journey. Also, where did you get/take that photo that is on your blog header? it's quite powerful. Thanks.
Stephanie

Stephanie and Gary said...

Thank you so much! I searched and found it on Flickr as well. I'll ask the photog if i can display this photo on my blog, not on my homepage, but just to post. It's a very special photo that speaks volumes. Thank you!!
Stephanie

Dean and Janie said...

You are welcome! Can't wait to see it shared with others. It really is very special :)