Two years and one week....
That is how long ago we will have waited to get to Kaz.
We got the wonderful news today. I was actually closing down my computer at work to officially end the school year when I decided to check e-mail before I left. There is was, our e-mail from our agency with the wonderful news. And...since we were rushing out of town the very next hour to attend a youth retreat with our youngest, I did not even have time to respond. So here I am, 11 p.m. at night, writing this post.
After reading the e-mail, I could barely breath or speak. I was actually in shock, literally. I don't know if I could have responded to the e-mail if I would have had the time. I guess since school is out, I will be able to focus on it when we get home Monday.
In the meantime...we are enjoying our trip to Gatlinburg with Lilliana. This is her first Kidsfest and so far she has left the first service only about 20 minutes into it crying her eyes out! To loud Mom!!!!!! Yes, sweetie...I agree! However, things did eventually calm down when the International Children's Choir came on the scene. They are a group of orphans from around the world that travel around to such events sharing their faith and passion to help raise funds to dig wells in countries that need water. They were beautiful. They sang and danced beautifully, and the place in my heart that is drawn to this adoption process was stirred even more.
I know the process will have been a piece of cake to actually raising the child, however, I know that I would have regretted not adopting - for the rest of my life - had we not been willing to try. And I really hate regret!
I saw a woman hold her child in her arms tonight and it dawned on me...that will be me and Dean in about 3 weeks. It still has not sunk in.
Friday, May 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Congratulations!!! Your time have arrived....CELEBRATE!
Wow - getting trave dates it BIG! Congratulations!! Now for the fun part - packing!!!
Blessings,
Lou Ann & Lexie from Aktau Kaz
www.louannsadoption.blogspot.com
I just found your blog via the BIG Kaz blog list. :) Congrats on getting your travel dates, so exciting! I would love to follow your blog when you make it private, my email is ann_hoch@yahoo.com. thanks!
Congrats!! Can't wait to follow along!! What a special day for your family :-)
What wonderful news! I am celebrating along with you!
Wonderful! Can't wait to follow along with you. Lifting prayers for you as you pack and prepare and travel to meet your child! Oh and what is Kidfest? We may have to go to that sometime since we will be living close to there!
Congratulations from Austin!!!! Susan
wow... So thrilled for you.. :)
Praying, praying, praying... so what are your travel dates exactly?? girl... e-mail me some details!!! PLEASE!!! :)
We are The Hart from NY and we are also adopting from Kaz. We are using CAH. Are you? Are dossier is at the MOE now. We may be traveling right behind you! Yes, it is quite a shock to get those travel dates isn't it? It makes it more real for sure! This is our second adoption from Kaz. If you have any last minute questions please let us know. We would be glad to help you as best we can.
Our e-mail when you go private is khoffman8@nycap.rr.com
Best wishes.
Kathleen and Dan Hart
How exciting! Thanks for allowing me to continue following your journey.
Thanks for the invite...so excited for you! Looking forward to following along on your amazing journey. Quaintance
As an adoptee, I a thriled for you. Let us know how it is progressing. Will be praying for you all.-Jill
This is wonderful news! Yahoo! I cannot wait to find out more and follow your journey!
MaryAnn
Post a Comment