Friday, July 23, 2010

Home, Miss Livea, and "Who needs a fishing boat when you have Lilliana?"

We are home! (Sort of....) I don't think I have ever been so glad to see the Atlanta Airport in my life! We were greeted with Welcome Back wishes by the Customs officials as we made our way through their maze. While Dean retrieved our luggage at the final baggage claim station, I sought out two large glasses of sweet ice tea! Mmmmmmm! Delicious!

Then we were off to the rental car station and soon were on our way to pick up Miss Lilliana from my dad's in North Florida. This was not an easy trip as we had been without sleep for almost 52 hours! North Florida seemed like a pretty good place to recover from jet lag and fortunately, our systems seem to be returning to normal very quickly.

Of course, being on the beach, Dean had to do some fishing! And, of course, our Lilliana had to be right there trying her hand at it as well! After some lessons from Dad, our sweet little girl successfully landed a flounder and a trout! Way to go Lilliana! Dean and I both tried casting several times, but neither of us could seem to catch anything. According to Lilliana, you have to throw the bait only a few yards in front of you and then draw pictures in the sand with your toe while you wait on something to bite:)

Dean and Janie - 0
Lilliana - 2

Supper was delicious!

We think of Livea every day and remember our times with her fondly. In about a month we will have her home for good :)

1 comment:

Blouis said...

Great post guys! If I close my eyes I can almost hear the ocean and the seagulls. I'm right there with you.

Coming back to reality though, our recovery has not been so peaceful and easy. It was right back to work for me that wednesday and boy, that was rough.

Of course, things are better now and we're looking forward to life returning to normal. That said, we cannot wait until "normal" includes Tia....

Take care and Lisa will be seeing you soon enough!


B