There are no visiting hours at the baby house today so we do not get to see Livea today :( We have spent the day trying to replace a few items I need in the clothing department. Did I mention the Airline lost my luggage! :( To top it off, they seem in no hurry to get it to me. Oh well, I have less laundry to do (by hand and in the sink) than everyone else :)
We just returned from dinner with our crazy, wonderful group! We've found the most wonderful Chinese restaurant and eat there about once a week. If you are coming to Karaganda, I highly recommend it! I also recommend the fried cauliflower as one of your dishes and fried apples and Bananas for dessert! It sounds heavy but it really is very tasty, filling, and very light!
Most of the group visited the nearby art museum today and seemed to really enjoy it! Last Sunday we attended the circus, which was only in town for two weekends. We have a great video of that! Next Sunday we may try the 1000 acre zoo! The Karaganda Zoo is where the famous talking elephant, Batyr, lived from 1969 - 1993.
On the way back to the hotel from the museum today, some of our group was followed quite a long ways by a rather over-friendly and persistent intoxicated resident. I have read about this in other blogs so I thought it good information to pass on. Just when I was getting comfortable enough to venture out on my own.......Probably best to stay with someone when you are out of the hotel!
There is so much of this culture we want to learn about before we leave so that we can one day tell our children about their homeland. I have also bought a few items to give Livea when she is older.
That pretty much sums up most of our day today. It will be nice to see Miss Livea again tomorrow. I am amazed at how quickly we get attached to each other! And, I am so proud of my Lilliana! She has already been out shopping for Livea a pair of shoes! She is going to make a great big sister.
Janie
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment