ally completed Day 13 of bonding! I wish I had a video of little Miss prancing around in the new dress we bought her. Today she ran back and forth to the mirror looking at
her sweet little self. It didn't take to long for her to then decide she wanted Mama and Papa to try to catch her and tickle her when she walked past us. Boy did we get lots of giggles today near the end of our visit!Bless her little heart! In four short hours a day we have just begun to scratch the surface of this sweet little princess's personality. She has gone from fearful and shy to happy and full of confidence! Even her caregivers have commented on ho
w much more confidence she seems to have when she is in her group playing during the day. However, saying bye, bye to Mama and Papa never makes her smile. It always breaks my heart to see her little lips quiver and tears begin to trickle down her cheeks when it is time to hand her back over to her caregivers. :( They are so good with her, comforting her so sweetly while we turn around and walk out the door. We are very grateful for that!We have been taking pictures of Livea's current home and many of her friends that live here with her. Most of the little feet you see in this picture belong to children who live in the orphanage but are not adoptable for various reasons. Each day the children spend a lot of time walking with their caregivers or playing on one of the playgrounds at the orphanage.

The workers at the orphanage stay very busy! As you can see, there is always a child to hold and plenty of laundry to do! Children are always being taken well care of, the orphanage is always clean, and good smelling food for the children is always being prepared.I must apologize in the delay for posting the promised "Strong-Man" Work out pics! I blame it on Dean :) as he has not yet found the time to move them from our video camera to the computer. He is a sweet husband! I have been ill twice now since arriving here in Karaganda and he has done all he knows to do to help me out! For the life of me, though, I can not figure out why in the world he thinks snickers bars and cookies will make me better! :) :) :) In all honesty, I have not really been that ill but coming to this part of the world when you are not used to it will throw anyone's system off for a few days!
We have found a fitness center near our hotel to add to our work out routine. One of the other PAP's and I have been attending the fitness classes there a few days now. One of the instructors even speaks English! I highly recommend it! Our favorite instructor - so far - is Anne! She teaches the MWF 6:30 p.m. class (in case you are coming to Karaganda soon :)
Tomorrow ends our mandatory 14 day Bonding Period with Miss Livea. Our court dates are scheduled for July 12 and then we will begin our journey home the next day. Boy will I miss Livea, but I will be so thrilled to hold my girls in the U.S. once again! And, of course, my precious nephews and other nieces as well!


J.

4 comments:
Body by Snickers. Too funny. Love the pictures. If you get a chance go on Facebook look at the picture of Dean and Livea. I hate that you have to leave her. I will pray that God will comfort her little heart while you are gone. Keep the faith.
Kevin
We want the STRONG MAN!! Where is the STRONG MAN??
love the posts.. and picutres... Pryaing for you!! Love, hugs, and prayers..
I am reading this blog late... your bonding should be up by now so CONGRATULATIONS!! one big step toward bringing her home is DONE!!! Your pics are beautiful and it looks like you are making very special memories!! Enjoy the rest of your time in Kaz, it is so fleeting. Good luck with court! Erin
Post a Comment