Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thankful for Summer

(by Dean)
I can't imaging being here in the dead of winter with below zero temperatures. Currently, our days are beautiful - perfect for walking the drive that circles the baby house. There are too many families here for everyone to spend their time indoors, so we typically take Livea out for walks for a large part of our visit.

Lately, she's been walking us! She loves to walk out in front of us, prancing in whatever dress we have her in. She's also become more interactive with me. We have this game of fetch the rock going. Who needs a puppy?

We started one-a-day visits today because of the unusually large number of families that are here. They are here from the US, Canada, Ireland, Belgium, and Spain. The Americans and the Belgians got the morning shift, and they've added an hour to the visit, so overall time spent with our children is about the same. The Belgians are good people and fun to be around. And their English is better than some folks I know back home!

If you try, you really can stay busy here - at least during this time of year. Yesterday, we went to the Karaganda Zoo during our mid-day break. It's a far cry from the San Diego Zoo, but I'd say it was still worth the 2 dollars... I'm just glad that I got out before the walls that house the bears and lions finish crumbling!

Finally, as we circled the baby house this morning, I noticed something you don't see everyday. Here's the video.

5 comments:

minime0910 said...

Still cheering you on :-) So glad all is going well and sorry your court date is delayed. You are almost to the finish line though :-) Best wishes, Erin

minime0910 said...

Still cheering you on :-) So glad all is going well and sorry your court date is delayed. You are almost to the finish line though :-) Best wishes, Erin

Anonymous said...

Catching up on blogs and I can't believe i missed so much! YIKES. So glad to read that things are going so well and your little one is ADORABLE! I will know get a glass of iced tea and catch up on the past 2 weeks :-)

HUGS~

Jessica and Chris said...

Wow! you guys look like your doing great!!! Have you tried the Armenian restaurant? Ask if your driver can take you there. It is yummy. Get the beef dumplings and the chicken wrap. Although it isn't called a chicken wrap. It looks like a chimichanga. I hope court goes well!

Dean and Janie said...

Thanks you all for touching base! The group we are with has been wonderful. They have helped make our time here in many ways an adventure!
The ice tea sounds soooo good! And Jessica, we'll see if we can find that restaurant. Sounds delicious!

God bless!
Janie