




We had a wonderful day visiting with Miss Livea Kara-Ann today! In case you are wondering about the name, Livea is the name we had in mind before we came. We came up with Kara-Ann from her given name, Ann from Anestasia , and Kara (or chara - greek for Joy) and for the city from which we met her - Karaganda.
Yes, We got creative!
The first few days have been rough, to say the least, however, after the jet lag wears off a little and you start to get into a routine, things definitely get much easier! (This little section is for those PAP's yet to come :) Just remember the facts, stay positive, have a little faith!
We are with a group of wonderful couples! We laugh MUCH! We even have our very own "Strong-Man" Personal Trainer planning our daily walks, runs, and 6:15 a.m. workouts! He is great! He and another gentleman from our group were out a few mornings ago sprinting hills, lifting rocks at the top of the hills, doing lunges , etc. Before they knew it, there was another Kazakh resident following along, sprinting the hill and lifting the rocks at the top! Hilarious! Strong-Man has a following! :)
The people here are very nice. The young teens especially! They love to try to communicate with us in English at restaurants and such. We had a good day today!
I'll leave you with a few pictures of our visit with our sweet little one! Then I am off to bed for our 6:15 a.m. group workout! :)

5 comments:
Congrats and safe trip back. Anju might steal that one from you.
OH my goodness... I am so out of the loop... I didn't realize you had left yet... wow!!! So thrilled... SHE'S a doll!!! Thank you Lord... praying for u guys and love you tons! E-mail me if you have a chance... all our love and prayers..
Lanetta
Greetings from New York. I've been following your blog everyday and have enjoyed it completely.
Your daughter is beautiful! I would have picked her myself if she had been presented to me!
Seeing the bonding room brings back alot of memories when we adopted your son there 2 years ago and to think we will be there soon again!
I have the blog of the other couple that is with you. (Sue and Alan) they are from our neck of the woods.
Congratulations and thanks again for letting me be apart of this journey with you.
Kathleen
I am LOVING your blog! So inspiring. We adopted our son Max from Ust in 2008 when he was 18 months old, so of course I think Livea is the perfect age! Our dossier to adopt a second time is now in Ust, and we are excited to adopt a toddler again. I absolutely love that your group is hanging out together, working out, etc. Again, so inspiring! I want to do the same on our next journey -- I fear we sat in our room a bit too much and ate a bit too much bread on the last journey! :-) We are so happy for you all and so excited to be following along!
OH, she is just so beautiful! :) Glad to hear the bonding is going well! :)
Post a Comment